The San Marino Motor Classic: Design In Motion is an annual community event that brings increased public awareness of the history of the motor vehicle through a broad spectrum exhibition of historical automobiles from the early to mid-twentieth century. Proceeds raised from the event will benefit the Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA and the Rotary Club of San Marino, both of which are 501(c)3 non-profit charities.
General Admission Tickets pricing is $45.00 pre event sale and $50.00 day of event. General Admission for children 12 years of age and younger is free.
Gates open at 9:00 AM, Sunday, August 25, 2024. The event concludes at 3:00 PM the same day.
The sponsors of the San Marino Motor Classic include San Marino Tribune, Passport Transport, Bacchelli & Villa, Collezione by MAG, Bonhams, Newmark Knight Frank, RM Sotheby’s, RF, MAG Mattioli Automotive Group, Gooding&Company, Hagerty, Coldwell Banker, Crevier, J.J. Best Banc & Co., CHUBB, Rusnak, New Century BMW, Great Matter, Mercedes-Benz Classic Center, Max Studio, Bob Wondries, Interscape, Symes Cadillac, and Wells Fargo.
There will be sixteen awards given, plus a first, second and third place award given per class. Some of the prestigious awards this year include:
- Best In Show Pre War
- Best In Show Post War
- Most Exotic Sports Car Award
- Muscle Car Review Editors Choice Award
- Mayor’s Award
- Meguiar’s Award for Best Paint & Finish
- Pasadena Humane Society Award
- Most Elegant Closed Pre War Car Award
- Most Elegant Open Pre War Car Award
- Most Elegant Closed Post War Car Award
- Most Elegant Open Post War Car Award
- San Marino Rotary Award
- Chairman’s Award
- Garage Style Magazine Award
- Excellance in Innovation & Design
- Most Elegant American Pre War Classic Car
- Best Super Car Award
The Motor Classic was started in 2011 by co-founders Aaron Weiss, Ben Reiling and Paul Colony. It is the successor of the Los Angeles Concours d’Elegance. The inaugural event was a hybrid event combining the Classic Car Club of America Grand Classic with a contemporary Concours d’Elegance.
Car enthusiast and KABC 7’s Automotive Specialist Dave Kunz and Ed Justice, Jr. will be the Master of Ceremonies this year.
The San Marino Motor Classic will take place at Lacy Park located at 1485 Virginia Road, San Marino, Calif., 91108. Lacy Park is an exclusive 30-acre park in the heart of San Marino. San Marino is also home to the world renowned Huntington Library, Art Collection and Botanical Gardens.
The classes are here:
- A - Brass & Nickel Era Cars
- B - HVA Preservation Cars Through 1942
- C-1 - CCCA – American Open (Full Classics Only)
- C-2 - CCCA – American Closed (Full Classics Only)
- C-3 - CCCA – European Open & Closed (Full Classics Only)
- C-5 - Packard Pre War Open
- C-6 - Packard Pre War Closed
- D - Pre WWII American Manufacturer (Non – CCCA)
- DLC - David Lee Private Collection
- E-1 - Porsche 356 – San Marino Motor Classic Judging
- E-2 - Porsche 911 Thru 1978 San Marino Motor Classic Judging
- F-1 - American Luxury Open 1947-1974
- F-2 - American Luxury Closed 1947-1974
- F-3 - Packard Post War Open
- G - European Luxury 1947-1965
- H - Station Wagons – 1946-1973 No Woodies. Vinyl Wood Acceptable
- I - American Postwar Orphan Marques
- J - Japanese Cars 1946 Thru 1984
- K - Hot Rods – 1928-1941 Original Steel Bodies Only
- L-1 - Lamborghini
- M-1 - Mercedes Benz – 300 SL Gullwing and Roadsters Thru 1963
- M-2 - Mercedes-Benz – 190SL and Pagoda (230SL, 250SL, 280SL)
- M-3 - Mercedes Benz – 300 Touring Cars (Excluding 300SL) Post War thru 1967
- N-1 - American Big Block Muscle
- N-3 - Pony Cars up to 350ci
- O-1 - Italian Sports Cars Alfa Romeo 1946 – 1973
- O-2 - Italian Sports Cars Other 1946 – 1974
- P - Police Cruisers
- Q - Corvette – Though 1973
- R-1 - Ferrari – Early Thru 1978
- R-2 - Super Cars (Exhibition Only)
- S-1 - Jaguars – XKE Thru 1967
- S-2 - Jaguars – XK 120, XK 140, XK 150
- T - Tournamanet of Roses Parade Cars
- U-1 - British Sports Cars – 1946 – 1975
- U-2 - Morgan
- V-1 - Volkswagens Thru 1973
- W-1 - Woodies Thru 1950
- X-1 - Car Corral
- Y-1 - BMW through 1973
Food will be available for attendees. A Midway consisting of 15 trade booths will be available for spectators to purchase gift items. The day concludes with an awards ceremony.
Saturday, August 24, 2024: Gala Benefiting Cancer Support Community Greater San Gabriel Valley.
Parking is available on neighborhood streets surrounding the east entrance to the park. Tram stops are marked and a tram will circulate though the neighborhood picking up spectators at the marked Tram Stops located at the ends of north-south streets.
Yes, you may donate in a variety of ways.
If you are an individual, or wish to make a non-sponsor donation, please click here to make a donation.
If you are an organization, please click here to see our sponsorship opportunities, or click here to see naming opportunities.
The San Marino Motor Classic is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization. Deductions may be tax deductible. Please consult your tax advisor regarding your deductibility.
The San Marino Motor Classic features a broad array of motorcars that span more than a century. Co-founded by Aaron Weiss, Paul Colony and Ben Reiling. It is the successor of the Los Angeles Concours d'Elegance.